Social Icons

May 22, 2013

Black Bean Salad

Grow what you eat, eat what you grow, right? So I harvested a half a pound of black beans the other day, and they were sort of "burning my pocket". I cave in and made a salad. Not to toot my own horn, but that baby came out just awesome. Full black bean salad recipe is here.

Here's what it looks like in a presentable bowl:


The best thing about this salad, aside from it being incredibly healthy and tasty, is that majority of the ingredients came from my back yard, and that in itself is a wonderful thing. So, if you are feeling adventurous, try the recipe of this black bean salad, and start growing some of the beautiful fruits of Florida's warm season gardening.

1 comments:

  1. That looks so good! I'm gonna have to try that up here in South Carolina!

    Angie
    http://www.clemsonfreak.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Florida Gardening

Florida Gardening Blog

Visitors from all over the world

Grow Your Own Food

Grow your own food, be independent, healthy and happy.